Hello Everyone & Welcome To my Blog!
Today, I am bringing you a unique and rich in Nutrients recipe. Spinach Protein Pancakes, yes you heard right!!
You will be getting your greens bright & early in the day for Breakfast!
(Incase you were wondering, you won’t be tasting the spinach once the pancakes are done)
Benefits of Eating your Veggies: Vegetables are high in fiber, one of the most widely neglected bodybuilding nutrients. Fiber is an indigestible carbohydrate that supplies no calories to your body, but it does provide bulk, which slows digestion. This has two essential benefits. First, carbohydrates enter your body more slowly. This helps hold your blood sugar levels in check, keeping energy levels up and “crashes” at bay. When blood sugar levels crash, they cause a spike in cortisol, a catabolic hormone that breaks down muscle tissue and makes recovery more difficult. Second, fiber helps support the absorption of amino acids. It keeps the walls of your intestines clean, making them more efficient. This in turn allows you to get more bang for your buck from your protein consumption.
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup vanilla or chocolate protein powder
(I used Vanilla Protein powder by Labrada Nutrition)
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- cinnamon to taste
- Add all ingredients into your VitaMix or blender and blend on a lower speed for 30 seconds-1 min. until spinach is finely chopped.
- Pour onto a lightly oiled nonstick skillet, 3 Tbsp. at a time.
- Flip when bubbles form, about 3 minutes per side.
- Keep warm in the oven while you cook the remainder of the batter.
- Top with Earth Balance or butter and maple syrup.
- Feel Irish.
The photo shown above was my personal Protein Spinach Pancake – Once It was finished, I decided to add some Strawberries, Blueberries & Honey (Healthier than Syrup) and it gave me a great taste to it. Last but not least, a simple sprinkle of Cinnamon and it’s ready to EAT.
Calories: 268 - Carbs: 34g - Fat: 3g - Protein: 30g
Find me on my Facebook page for further info